The Center for the Study of Liberal Democracy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison invites submissions for its annual First Book Manuscript Workshop. The book selected will be the subject of a day-long conference at which each part of the manuscript will receive critical commentary from scholars with related areas of expertise. The workshop will be held in Madison, WI during February or March, 2021, on a date that best accommodates the availability of participants. The Center will cover the costs of travel, accommodation, and meals for the author of the accepted manuscript. In addition to providing comments for each part of the book, the Center will also sponsor an invited keynote discussant.
Submissions from political theory and political philosophy are welcome. Priority will be given to manuscripts that engage meaningfully with topics integral to the mission of the Center (https://csld.wisc.edu/mission/).
Eligibility: The workshop’s aim is to generate feedback for strengthening an almost-completed manuscript. To be considered, submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Authors should have the Ph.D. in hand by the submission date. Submissions based on dissertation work should have undergone extensive revisions.
- The manuscript must be single-authored.
- The submission must be author’s first book.
- The draft must be complete and ready for distribution to commentators by February 1, 2020.
- The version of the manuscript to be presented must not yet be accepted for publication by the date of the workshop.
For submission instructions, please visit the CSLD web site.
The deadline for submission is November 15th, 2020.